Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bike & Swim

summary: biked 6 miles; swam 2000 yards (1.5 hr)

I rode my bike to the Strawberry Canyon pool today. I swam in my bike shorts & sports top. In triathlons, most people wear the same thing for all 3 events - the swim, bike & run. So I wanted to test out a top and get a feel for it. They do make special "tri shorts" that are quick drying bike shorts, are a bit shorter than most bike shorts and the "chamois" pad is a bit thinner, covers less area and dries quickly. I was wearing a regular pair of bike shorts. The swim was fine, the bike home was a little chilly.

here's the swim workout I did:
(had to make some changes due to the 33.3 yard pool)

WARM UP Swim 200 EZ
Drill 133.3 EZ
MAIN SET Swim 8 x 66.6 L7 RI :15
Swim 500 L5 RI: 20
Swim 5 x 100 L6 RI :15
COOL
DOWN
Swim 133.3 EZ

No comments: