KC and I went up to Inspiration Point in Tilden Regional Park to do a run/bike workout. KC just ran 7.5 miles. I did a "brick workout" that was on the team's training schedule for today.
The schedule advised that the workout was "Best done indoors on a stationary bike or trainer & treadmill
Here's the workout: Warm up 10 min. + 2x (bike 6 min - run 6 min) @ 6-7 RPE + 10 min. cool down
Here's my solution (KC wanted nothing to do with it, pretended he didn't know me and just opted to run)
My mountain bike has kind of hybrid pedals which have an SPD clip on one side and is flat on the other so that you can use either regular "street" shoes or bike clip shoes. So, I wore my running shoes, and took my mountain bike up to Inspiration Point where the Nimitz Way paved trail follows the ridge line for 4 miles. I brought a lock with me and locked my bike up where ever I could (like a cattle grazing fence or a viewing bench) when I switched to the run.
It was a chilly and breezy day but the sun was shining and that trail is so beautiful. No cars; just cows! I biked about 18 minutes (warm up & then 6 min & then extra time it took to find a spot to lock the bike) ran 6+ minutes, biked 6 minutes, ran 6 minutes, biked about 15 minutes and then a half mile before I got back to the car, I met up with KC who offered to jump on my bike so that I could run the last leg.
No comments:
Post a Comment