Saturday, April 19, 2008

Frenchy and the Three Bears

summary: biked 20 miles (1:20 min)
oh - and 45 min of yoga

the last two days have been "rest" days for me in that I spent my free time cleaning and doing housework instead of working out. Had to get ready for a few house guests this weekend.

And because we had guests, I skipped the group Team in Trainig (TNT) workout on Sat morning since I knew at least one of my house guests would want to do some training.

Our 3 house guests for the evening arrived very late last night (Friday). This morning, I woke up earlier than everyone else so I quietly did some yoga (Baron Baptiste's power yoga DVD) while I waited for everyone else to wake up.

I took my friend Frenchy for a bike ride on the Three Bears loop that is pretty close to our house and a good hilly workout. I did the loop once and then headed home to prep for a party KC and I are hosting. Frenchy is training for a 7-day 400-mile mountain bike race later this summer, so he wanted to ride longer. He ended up doing the 3 Bears loop twice (once in each direction) and then biking up and over the east bay ridge to get back to our house. He puts me to shame.

oh - and Frenchy took some photos while we were riding, so I'll update this post when I get copies. He's a much better rider than I am. I can barely grab my water bottle out of its cage to drink water, let alone ride one-handed while taking self portrait photos with the other.

7/3/08 update - Frenchy just sent me the photos:


This one is a good shot of my retro 10 speed bike:


This one gives you an idea of how pretty the 3 Bears Ride is:


And this one shows off Frenchy's abilities to take photos while riding:






No comments: