summary: ran 3.75 miles, strength work (1+ hr)
Wednesdays are a group training day. The events are in the evening, but I'm taking a class on Wednesdays so I won't be able to workout with the group. I like to work out in the middle of the day anyhow. This past Wednesday's workout was a track workout. I typically go to the Clark-Kerr campus of UC Berkeley to use their outdoor Golden Bear Pool. While rehabbing my sprained ankle last summer/fall, I started to use the dirt track that's up on the hill above the pool. So I headed over there to do the track workout on my own. Having done many track workouts with Moxie and Viva, this was known territory for me and I actually enjoy a structured workout. This one took me a little over an hour.
Warmup: 10 min easy run or run/walk and light stretching (I ran 4 laps)
SWIM STATION
1) 10 - 25 Close Hand Push Ups
2) 10 - 20 Burpees (I had to google this one)
3) 12 – 20 Windshield Wiper
4) Run 2 laps at 4-5 RPE
BIKE STATION
1) 15- 25 Squats
2) 15 - 25 transverse abs rotations (it was supposed to be "Superman" Back Extensions but I know that my erectus spinious muscles are already over developed, so I made a transverse-abdominal substitution)
3) ) 10 - 20 Crunches
4) Front & Back Bridges (hold for 30-60sec each)
5) Run 2 laps at 4-5 RPE
RUN STATION
1) 2 x 40yds High Knees, 2 x 40yds Butt Kicks
2) 2 x 40 yds of Heel Walk, 2 x 40 yds Toe Walk
3) 10 - 26 Lunges
4) Front & Back Bridges (hold for 30-60sec each)
5) 4 – 6 x 50yd Strides
6) Run 2 laps at 4-5 RPE
REPEAT ONE STATION
this is my approximate repeat of a mixture of the previous stations (I tried to focus on what was hard for me plus lunges to keep my legs "ski ready".)
1) 10 Close Hand Push Ups
2) 15 Windshield Wipers
3) 2 x 40 yds of Heel Walk,
4) 10 - 26 Lunges
5) Front & Back Bridges (hold for 30-60sec each)
6) Run 1 laps at 4-5 RPE
COOl DOWN: 10min easy run or run/walk and static stretch (I ran easy 4 laps)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment