Today, there was a large group of young people (like late teens early twenties?) all wearing the same clothes and I figured it was a Berkeley team, but as I got closer, I noticed all their clothes had Air Force on them. So, I think it was a recruiting class or maybe a ROTC group. It was entertaining to watch them get timed doing push-ups, si-tups, and running 1.5 miles. Some of them were athletic. Some of them not so much.
Here's the workout I did:
summary: ran about 4.5 miles interspersed with strength work.
took me 1hr 25 min
Week 3 Track Workout: SPORT SPECIFIC STRENGTH CIRCUIT TRAINING:
WORKOUT DETAILS: All groups will complete each station twice
WARM UP: 10-15 min easy run or run/walk and stretch
SWIM STATION
1) 12 – 25 Push Ups or Push Ups
2) 12 – 20 Burpees or
3) 14 – 26 Windshield Wipers
4) 12 – 20 Cobras
5) Run
Olympic - Run 1 lap at 4-5 RPE (I ran 2 laps the first round, 1 lap the second)
Half Ironman - Run 2 laps at 4-5 RPE
BIKE STATION
1) 15- 25 Squats
2) 15 - 25 Superman Back Extensions (alternate lifting right arm/left leg, then left arm/right leg)
(I replaced the supermans with side lying leg lifts to work my glute medius the first round and lower ab lifts the second)
3) 15 - 30 Half Up Twists
4) 15 - 25 1 leg squats with each leg
5) Run
Olympic - Run 1 or 2 laps at 4-5 RPE (I ran 2 laps the first round, 1 lap the second)
Half Ironman - 2 lap at 4-5 RPE
RUN STATION
1) 14 - 30 Lunges
2) Front/Back/Left/Right Bridges (hold for 30-60sec each)
3) 2 x 50yds High Knees, 2 x 50yds Butt Kicks
4) 2 x 50 yds of Heel Walk, 2 x 50 yds Toe Walk
5) 6 -8 x 50yd Strides
6) Run
Olympic - Run 2 laps at 4-5 RPE (I ran 2 laps both rounds)
Half Ironman - 2 lap at 4-5 RPE
COOL DOWN: 10min easy run or run/walk and stretch
Here’s what I found on the web for the exercises I wasn’t super sure how to do:
Burpees:
- · Begin in a squat position with hands on the floor in front of you
- · Kick your feet back to a pushup position
- · Immediately return your feet to the squat position
- · Leap up as high as possible from the squat position
- · Repeat, moving as fast as possible
lie on on your back with your arms in the "T" position for stability. Lift your legs so that they are perpendicular to the floor and rotate your hips, keeping them in contact with the floor, so that your legs move from left to right, in a "windshield wiper" motion. Make sure to move in a slow and controlled manner.
Half Up Twists - Sit up, put your hands on top of your knees and then lean back until your arms are straight. Cross your arms in front of you (each hand holding an elbow) and start twisting! Each side counts as 1/2 of a rep.
The Cobra (An exercise for the lower back)
- Begin face down, with hands flat and to the side
- Slowly put your weight through your elbows and arch your back till you feel your lower back tighten
- Keep your head in line with your neck and spine, thus keeping the spine neutral
- Slowly lower yourself to the start position
No comments:
Post a Comment