Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ultimate Frisbee is Cross Training

I was supposed to swim today. I had every intention to. The weather was spectacular. But I got busy with work and trying to wrap some stuff up before going away for the weekend and I couldn't justify the time to go swim. Plus I knew I had an ultimate frisbee game tonight, so I would be getting some exercise.

It had been over a month since I'd thrown a frisbee. We hadn't had a game in a few weeks because the fields have been so wet. Boy, how quickly my body got out of shape for the sprinting pace of an ultimate game. I was sore before we left the fields.

This weekend will involve more cross training. I'll be doing a lot of lunges as I'm telemark skiing with some girl friends at Mammoth. It's a long drive, but I hear it is worth it. There will definitely be photos to share.

No comments: