Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fund raising snafus

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I met my goal of raising $5000. While this is still true, a good portion of that amount is coming from Cisco in the form of matching gifts. I have recently learned that Cisco processes their donations monthly but it could take up to 90 days before it reaches the charity. So, that money may or may not count towards my minimum fund raising commitment depending on how fast Cisco processes the donations and whether they get sent to LLS before my triathlon. So, to be on the safe side, I'm not counting Cisco's matching gifts to be part of my minimum. I was hoping to exceed my goal anyway and this will just ensure that I do. So in case you've been checking out my fund raising progress, you may have noticed it went backwards recently. That's because I removed the Cisco Foundation amount. I did leave the amount that Cisco employees have donated, however those are in the same boat as the Cisco matching funds - they may or may not count towards my minimum fund raising commitment depending on how fast Cisco processes the donations and whether they get sent to LLS before my triathlon. yikes.

No comments: