Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Swimming with KC

summary: swam about 1500 yds (45 min)

Yesterday was a rest day. I needed it after two big workouts over the weekend. I had visions of doing some yoga to help work out the soreness, but I ran out of time and steam by the end of the day. This morning, I had a dream that I was in a water aerobics class (in an outdoor pool) but my mind's efforts to work out the kinks didn't help. I still woke up a little stiff and sore.

I talked KC into joining me for a swim workout today. The weather forecast is calling for cooler and less sunny weather later this week, so I thought I'd get a swim in early this week. Plus KC is toying with the idea of doing the tri with me and he had time to swim today and swimming is the event he needs to work on. So we went for a mid-day swim and I attempted to teach him the 4 drills that are part of the TNT workouts. (see my earlier post for links to youtube videos of the drills.)

Here's the "official" week 6 swim workout (for Olympic distance folks):





WARM UP Swim 200 EZ

Kick 100 EZ

Drill #5 100 EZ

Drill #6 100 EZ





MAIN SET Drill 2 x 100 L 4-5 RI :20
Repeat main set Build 200 L 5-7 RI :30
2-3 times








COOL DOWN Swim 200 EZ





Notes:
  • Warm up drills are always done in the pattern of drill 25, swim 25, drill 25, swim 25
  • During main set of 100 Drills, do drills #1 through #4 in order (25 for Drill #1, 25 for drill #2, etc)
  • For the Build in the main set, increase your speed for each lap (or 25) you complete. You should be going fast for the last lap !

No comments: