Thursday, March 20, 2008

Recommitment & Training Progress

We are about half-way through the spring TNT training season and this week was "recommitment" which means we recommit to a particular triathlon and fund raising minimum. (And if we haven't raised our minimum yet, we provide a credit card number that will be charge the difference if we don't reach the minimum before our event.)

After pouring over a calendar with KC and plotting out all of our personal and work-related travel commitments for the year, we decided I should go to L.A. with him in early May (same weekend as the Wildflower Triathlon) and then we'll both go to Maui in early June for the King's Trail Triathlon (an Olympic distance triathlon). So, I've got a bit more fund raising to do!

Here's an approximation of all the training I've done since Feb 6th when I signed up with Team in Training:

Swim:
20,150 yard (about 11.2 miles)
Bike: 98.5 miles
Run: 51.75 miles

Total training time: 29 hours (not including yoga or skiing or ultimate frisbee)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't know if you'll have time for dinner/drinks when you're in LA, but definitely let me know - I'd love to see you guys! Maybe I could even join you for a run :)