Monday, March 31, 2008

Short Swim

summary: swam ~ 1400 yards (30 min)

Today was supposed to be a rest/recovery day.

KC wanted to swim and I was feeling the need to do a little something other than sit at my computer all day. Plus it was sunny out. So we went swimming at the Strawberry Canyon pool. (our regular pool is closed this week for "super chlorination", which sounds kind of scary actually.)


I took it easy with a 10 min warm up, then a benchmark of "how far can you swim in 12 minutes" (about 650 yds for me today) and then a 10 min cool down.

2 comments:

Lin said...

I have no idea about swimming - how does 650 yards in 12 min match your goals?

Gretchen said...

That's a good question. I'm not sure how it matches my goals. I'm not sure what my goals are. At first I was thinking 'do the swim in 45 minutes or less'. But on our training weekend, I did the swim in a little more than 30 minutes. So now I think 30 minutes is my goal. that's for .9 miles of swimming.